Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Just as long as Steve Martin isn't my dentist


When I was little I often times would memorize songs without understanding what the lyrics meant. If the song was peppy and happy I would just sing to my little hearts content. “The Dentist” song from Little Shop of Horrors, sung by the multi-talented Steve Martin, was by far one of my favorites to sing. It wasn’t until years later that I realized I was singing about a sadist dentist who is surprisingly very light on his feet. Singing that song 20 times a day when I was young must have subliminally instilled a tremendous phobia of the dentist in me because I hate, hate, HATE going to the dentist. Well after 4 years of digging my heels into the ground I was finally dragged down to Las Vegas to go to the dentist. My brother-in-law Josh is the best dentist ever so naturally he is the only one I would trust to be the least like Orin Scrivello, DDS. 2 Valium, 2 hours of laughing gas, 1 pulled tooth, and 2 implants later I was good as new…almost. (On a side note: Matt was very excited when he learned I had 2 implants put in but was quickly disappointed when he realized the implants were in my mouth.) In 4 months I’ll have to go back in again to finish the job and then I’ll really be as good as new. I owe I very big THANK YOU to Josh for being such a good dentist and drugging me up so well. It actually wasn’t half bad this time.

5 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

You are a brave girl!!!! That sounds super scary to me! Lucky to have such an awesome BIL. How nice of him to do that for you! :)

Anonymous said...

wow. implants are quit an ordeal! I hope they gave you a neat new toothbrush!

Sarah Nitta said...

You made me laugh out loud about the implants. You are so funny I can't stand it sometimes. Good thing that you were too drugged to come over, because when it hurt SO bad every time I laughed, and you would have made me laugh too much. I love you!!!!

ann said...

I'm so glad you referenced Little Shop in your dentist blog. Aren't you glad real dentists aren't like that one?

Sarah said...

Holy cow, I thought you just needed a cavity filled or something. Brave girl. Yeah, Josh is the best. I hate the dentist too. Need pics of those implants. The teeth...of course.