Monday, August 29, 2011

Summer highlights

The summer of 2011 went by much faster than expected.  I can't believe it's already over!  Despite the fact that Matt had to take a few classes this summer, we were still able to pack in lots of fun and lots memories.  Here are just a few highlights:

Wicked Weekend - Finally saw "Wicked"!  It was an amazing production.  I'm so glad I was able to see it with my mom, sister, aunt, and cousin.  We went to garage sales (of course), out to breakfast, saw our cousin Olivia as a beautiful bride, had a Wii dance off, and never tired from saying the phrase, "this is wicked fun"!


Columbus, Indiana - Columbus is about an hour south of Indy.  It was ranked #6 in the nation for architectural innovation and design, which was completely surprising to me.  It's a neat city, with plenty of architecture and antiques for all.


Visit from Big Ma - We always love visits from Big Ma.  Livvy loves all the attention she gets from having her here.

Visit from Chloe - My niece Chloe stayed with us for a few days in July.  She was so nice to watch Livvy while Matt and I went on a date.  We also went swimming, to an ice-cream social, garage sales, and I'm pretty sure we watched almost the entire 1st season of "The Middle".  

Lots of water - Livvy is definitely part mermaid.  She is completely obsessed with all things water!  Touching it, drinking it, playing in it, splashing it, squirting it, looking at it, etc.  

Plenty of dress up - I think Livvy gets her fashion sense from me.  I didn't know until at least high school that it wasn't okay to wear a bathrobe with a tutu.  I love these pictures of Livvy.  This girl just makes me smile!

A trip to Chicago - To celebrate our 5 year anniversary, coming up in September, we took the opportunity while Matt was out of school to spend a few days in Chicago.  We had a fabulous time!  My favorite part of the trip was Navy Pier and Millennium Park, but I know Matt's favorite part was eating Italian beef sandwiches at Mr. Beef.  He's still talking about it a month later.   My mom was so nice to fly all the way from Utah to watch Livvy for us.  I know, my mom is the best!  

A trip to Shamu - We went to San Diego with Matt's parents and brother Jason.  Livvy had so much fun playing in the "be-ocean" and watching the dolphin show at Sea World.  We also went to Seaport Village, Cabrillo, and Old Town...just to name a few.  We had such a great time!


And just a bit of working - I refinished this dresser and also a couple of nightstands for our room.  I really love refinishing furniture.  It's a delightful feeling to take something old and make it new again.
Before
 After



9 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

oooh! what a fun little update! looks like you had a wicked fun summer :) :) :)
hahaha!
and i love love love that dresser!!! you are talented, girl!!

p.s. livvy is so cute! i just about died looking at the pictures of her!!!! seriously! just a doll!!
xo

Tara said...

Sounds like you were able to balance your summer much better than we did. Looks like lots of fun!

mom said...

That girl of yours is so headed for "Project Runway" fashion sense just over the top. Ü Ü Ü

What a fabulous summer the summer of 2011 was for you. Glad you got it recorded.

Connie said...

...I do believe you are going to have to edit your blog, for Chelsey said I was the best mom, and she included "in the whole wide world."
Livvy is the "dress-up cutie" - oh my word she is so adorable. Were both those pics of her dressing up or was the one with the tutu taken at church?!!? I heard the Indy wards had a different dress code.
Not only was Livvy adorable, but Savannah you are one hot lookin' momma. You look great in your "skinny leg" jeans...you really do look awesome and beautiful...and of course Matt you look awesome and handsome...oops I should have said you both look "wickedly" awesome...using that word "wicked" will never ger old for me!!
Glad you had a great summer...now on to a fantastic fall or should I say a wickedly fun fall?!!?
Thanks so much for the update on your fabulous family....
luvnl8r, Connie
I was gl

Kynda said...

I love the pic of Livvy wearing all the clothes! How funny! the dresser is superb! It looks great!

Katherine said...

I love the dress up picture and I am impressed with your dresser!

Monica said...

What an amazing summer! I think you need to take a vacation after all of the fun you had. Livvy is getting to be so big and it is fun to see her personality come out more, especially with the dress up. I also agree that your mom is the best.

Harrison's said...

So fun reading all your updates! I love the pictures of Livvy dressing up -- too cute. And I didn't know you guys went to Chicago...I'll have to get more details. And nice job refinishing that dresser! It looks so good. I've been trying to watch for night stands at garage sales/craigslist but no luck yet.

Anonymous said...

1.) Are you saying... it isn't okay ... to wear bathrobes and tutus?
2.) I feel that because I've never dined at a place called Mr. Beefs I haven't really lived.
3.) You fancy girl refinishing dressers and what not! So much for starting a crappy crafts blog.. you're way too good! It looks amazing!
4.) Congrats on almost 5 whole years of marriage. What's your secret? :)
5.) I think we need to catch up on the phone sometime soon!