Friday, May 15, 2009

Philly Cheese and Apple Pie

Amish Country was so beautiful

Gettysburg

     Livvy did so well being packed around all day


Gotta have a philly cheese steak in Philly

Liberty Bell

I guess you could say it's become kind of a tradition that when Matt finishes a semester we celebrate with a little play time.  This past week we went to Philadelphia and had such a great time.  We were a little nervous to see how Livvy would do with the flight and all the running around we tend to do on trips, but she did FANTASTIC.  She is a natural born traveler.  We can't wait to do more traveling with her.

Highlights of the trip were: Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Ben Franklin's printing office, the drive from Philly to Lancaster was beautiful, Amish country (my absolute favorite part of the whole trip - they are such wonderful people), homemade pretzels and apple pie (the best we've ever tasted) and Gettysburg. 

5 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

Oh My GOSH!! That looks like so much fun!! I'm glad that you guys could get a little get-away before crazy school starts up again :)

I bet Livvy is so good traveling because she had so much practice in your belly flying around :)

Your family is SO CUTE!

Love you guys!

Connie O said...

The Hansens needed some end of semester fun,
for Matt had all his spring semester classes done
Savannah said "let's go on a trip my honey bun"

From Salt Lake City airport they did fly,
Matt, S.J. and Little Lovely Livvy Skye
to go to Philly for Philly Cheese and Apple Pie.

The also saw historical sites and beautiful country.
There were wonderful people as nice as can be.
and the hot homemade pretzels were so very yummy.

S.J. and Matt bragged and said Livvy was a great traveler
I must ask would all on the plane and on land concur?
These parents are so proud of this little girl that is for sure!

I am glad they all got to go on a trip in the middle of May
And have some rest, relaxation and lots of fun play
Livvy’s first trip will be remembered as a spring getaway…

Luvnl8r

Tara said...

Looks very fun!

~SHERI said...

So much fun! You guys are so lucky to be able to do stuff like that. I only have about another week here! I am flying to Colorado to stay with the inlaws! I want to see you again...

Josh&Lizzy said...

Oh my gosh- you guys are so adorable! I think it's so awesome that you just tote that lil' darlin' around with you... she's sure to catch the travel bug at a very young age!