Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Chair Transformation


A couple weeks ago I bought this absolutely hideous looking chair at Good Will for 10 bucks.  You might not be able to see from the picture how hideous it is, but believe me, it was.  In fact as the employee from Good Will was helping me load it into my car he said, "I didn't think anyone was ever going to buy this thing.  It's been here forever".  Despite its appalling appearance, it was a good sturdy chair and I figured I would be able to put it to good use in one way or another.  So I decided to try my hand at painting and reupholstering furniture.

VOILA!

Reupholstering was not nearly as hard as I though it was going to be.  Granted, I probably didn't do the best job, but good enough for who it's for.  It was a fun little project to do!.  Now, on to the armoire!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OoooOOOhh! Very nice. I've always been so intimidated to do that! ... looks like now is the time to start the "wanna be crafty" blog... although I have nothing crafty to contribute whatsoever.. your little chair is quite nice!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

Wow Savannah!! That is very nice!!! Where did you get the fabric from? I love it! Go YOU!!! I wouldn't even know where to start with that project! It turned out great!! :)

dockters said...

What a HUGE improvement! It turned out so cute! I love the fabric too. I have a rocker and ottoman that need some work...wanna help?!?! :)

Sarah said...

Oooh, la, la. That looks nice. From the picture it looks like you did an awesome job reupholstering! How fun! I can't wait to see the armoire!

Kynda said...

It really did turn out great! Don't you feel all "becky-homeky" now?!

Monica said...

Love the new and improved chair of yours. I'll have to get you over this way to do some of those kinds of projects for me too.

Josh&Lizzy said...

Hey crafty lady--- wanna make a work trip to Vegas???

Katee said...

That's awesome! I wish I could find a goodwill store here or something like it. DI just doesn't cut it here in utah county.

Anna said...

Okay so we need to discuss. I have some projects I've been contemplating.