Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Gigantic Patriots vs. The Patriotic Giants

The Superbowl hoopla is in full swing here in Indianapolis.  Even though I'm not a huge football fanatic it is awfully exciting to have the Superbowl here.  I can't even imagine how crazy it would be here if the Colts were in the Superbowl.  Luckily the Colts decided to stay as far away from getting into the Superbowl as possible, so no worries about any additional craziness.

Yesterday we all went downtown to join in the big game festivities.  I love going to things like that.  Even if there isn't much to actually do, it's just exciting to be a part of all that energy.  The biggest attraction downtown is the zipline the city put in just for the event.  It's 80 feet high and runs 650 feet long!  Crazy exciting.  I would have LOVED to do it myself but the tickets sell out so fast and the wait to ride is about 6 hours...or so I'm told.  Even without the zipline thrill it has still be a pretty exciting week.






5 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

looks like so much fun!!! i agree! it is so great to just be a part of all of the celebrating! lucky that you get to do it for free-ish :)

and you are looking so, so good! you can't even tell you're pregnant! seriously! i don't know how you get away with that! and livvy is looking so, so much like you! what a beautiful little girl! love you guys!

kristen kathleen said...

FUN! How cool that you're in the thick of it right now! Does it say anything about how much I follow football that I didn't even know what teams were playing, or where the super bowl was being held this year until reading your post? Wow. I love the title of this post, btw.

Mom said...

I couldn't agree more w/ Kristen about your title - that's perfect. Think you could get a job as a sports writer IF you understand all the rules, knew all the players and actually LIKED watching football for 16 hrs. a day. OR you could continue being clever and just listen to Matt & Dad talk (and talk)about football, basketball, soccer etc. . . . . . . You and Livvy just go shopping. Looks like a fun night tho.

Kynda said...

How exciting to be in Indy! Looks like you had fun! I had the longest dream about you this morning. You were directing a play & you were pregnant & also had Livvy and you were just your calm, normal self.

Katie said...

That is awesome! I think Dave would have been in 7th heaven if we could have been there with you! I am missing you so much right now, but hope you are doing and feelin' good! You look beautiful as always!