Friday, June 8, 2012

Wyatt Race Hansen is here!

Our little Wyatt is finally here!

Born May 27, 2012 @ 9:49pm
7lbs 3oz
21 in long


I could not have asked for a better delivery.  We went in Sunday morning at 9am.  They started me on the pitocin around 11am.  It was slow goin' at first, taking me about 8 hours to dilate to just a 5.  Around 8:30pm I felt my epidural start to wear off, but the nurses were quick to get the anesthesiologist to hit me up with another dose.  It kicked in just in time.  I pushed for about 5 minutes, through 3 contractions, and our little Wyatt was here!



Livvy was excited to meet him and very gentle with him.  While she was holding him she kept saying, "Aww look at his tiny little nose and his tiny little hands".  Pretty cute.



My mom was a life saver during this transition!  She came to help out while we were in the hospital and the first few days we were home.  On the second day we were home Matt and I were talking about how having 2 kids wasn't as hard as we thought it was going to be...until we realized my mom was the one cooking, cleaning, getting up with Livvy in the morning, going grocery shopping, etc.  Haha!  Yeah it was a huge reality check when my mom left a few days later.  I can't thank my mom enough for helping us out so much.


We are so happy to have him here!  He is a great baby.  Eats well, sleeps well...for a 1 week old.  Livvy loves having him around.  I'm hoping this will all last...

11 comments:

Ellen said...

What a cutie! Glad he arrived safe and sound and that everyone adjusted well. Keep those pictures coming! It sounds like Livvy will be a great big sister. Life is Good :)

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

oh savannah! i am so happy for your cute little family! love you guys lots! your family is perfect and adorable! can't wait to meet him!!

Lindsay Adams said...

What a beautiful baby! Congrats!!

Tara said...

He's so handsome! And you were looking amazing in your hospital gown. Wow! With the twins I tried my best to look good for the "after pictures"... I curled my hair and all that but I still looked drugged and lousy. Glad you could pull it off!

mom said...

Aaahhhh, shucks, just what I wanted to hear. I would have stayed forever w/ those two little cuties but I think Dad will getting tired of fixing himself cornflakes every night for dinner. Ü ♥ Ü You & Matt are terrific parents, and were so nice to let me come and be apart of your next life chapter. Love his name, he's beautiful.

Unknown said...

Savannah:
Wyatt is a doll! I can't believe how much hair he has! Glad to hear that your delivery went smooth--I think you are just very tough. After hour two, I would have been crying and asking to be put out!! It's been fun keeping track of you through your Mom. She is so proud of you-tells me all the time what a great mother you are. She is very proud of all your successes in life. You jump from planes, travel the world, raise a family and still keep calm. Keep up the good work. I'll try and read your "past" blog when I get a little more time.
Marilyn (Your Mom's neighbor)
P.S. Livvy is as cute as they come. Always has a smile on her face when I see her.

Kynda said...

Savannah! We are so excited to meet Wyatt! I love all that hair! Congratulations!

Harrison's said...

Oh my goodness -- could he be any cuter?! Such great hair. And you look so good! I wish I looked that good after giving birth. Hope you guys are doing great Savannah!

Niels said...

Welcome to the world, Wyatt! I can't wait to see my new nephew!!!

Anonymous said...

sweet

Anonymous said...

livvy let me get your sexy little cotton knickers off and lick you were a baby comes out